Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What's the Big Idea?

Another baseball card blog? Yup. Does the world need such a thing? Nope. Will anyone read this other than myself? Probably not. Then why am I doing this? Because I want to take a closer look at something I love very much: baseball cards, specifically Topps baseball cards, and even more specifically each year's Topps baseball flagship base set. That's the constant, the foundation upon which each year in baseball cards is built, like it or not. And, with a few unfortunate exceptions, I like it. A lot. Not saying they're perfect, or even that they're always the best in a given season. Just saying that there's a deeper existential meaning to each year's set and its role in reflecting the meaning of life. That's all. No big whoop. And I want to take a look at how each year's set fits into all of that and do what all sports enthusiasts love to do, i.e., analyse, compare and rank. So that's what I'm gonna do. And I gonna make it all up as I go along. Enjoy... or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment